In our quest to find the most suitable models, we focused on features like comfort, adjustability, and durability. We recommend you take a close look at each product we listed here and see the features you need for your personal use.
Keep reading to learn more…
Top 10 outboard motor for saltwater : Editor’s Pick
10 Best outboard motor for saltwater Reviews:
1. Newport Vessels NV-Series 55lb Thrust Saltwater Transom Mounted Trolling Electric Trolling Motor w/ LED Battery Indicator & 30″ Shaft
- Efficient Power: 55Lb Thrust – This 12V Electric Trolling Motor Provides Excellent Power And Efficiency For Any Boater. The High Quality Build Allows The Motor To Run All Day Long Without Overheating, Or Making Noise To Spook Fish
- Features: This Motor Features A 30 Inch Shaft, A 5 Led Battery Meter, A 6 Inch Telescoping Tiller Handle, And 3 Blade Propeller. The Mount Angle, Height, And Direction Can All Be Adjusted And Locked Into Place When Needed
- Speed: This Motor Has 8 Speeds, 5 Forward And 3 Reverse. The Motor Is Designed For Trolling, So The Top Speed Of This Motor Is About 4Mph, But Depends On Your Boat Shape, Weight, Water, Wind, And Other Factors. Our 3 Blade Propeller Gives The Motor Great Low End Torque To Get The Boat Moving
- Battery: The Nv 55Lb Motor Requires One (1) 12V Lead-Acid Deep Cycle Or Lithium Deep Cycle Battery (Battery Not Included), 50Ah Recommended. The Motor Also Includes A 50Amp Circuit Breaker Which Is Recommended At All Times To Protect From Battery Voltage Surges. Max Amp Draw: 52A
Additional Info :
2. Newport Vessels Kayak Series 55lb Thrust Transom Mounted Saltwater Electric Trolling Motor w/LED Battery Indicator (24″ Shaft)
- Kayak Shaft: 24-Inch Fiberglass Shaft Allows For Variable Depth Placement, While Offering A Lifetime Of Dependable Performance
- Variable Speed: 8 Speeds (5 Forward & 3 Reverse) With 6-Inch Telescoping Handle Puts You In Total Control Of Your Ride
- Saltwater Rated: Durable All Aluminum Motor Head W/ Corrosion Resistant Magnesium, Zinc, And Stainless-Steel Hardware For Saltwater Use (Lead-Acid Dc 12V)
- Extra Long Cables: 5’6″ Battery Cables Allow For Versatile Battery Placement For Optimal Weight Distribution
Additional Info :
3. Cloud Mountain 36/40/46/50/55/60/86 LBS Thrust 8 Speed Electric Outboard Trolling Motor for Fishing Boats Saltwater Transom Mounted with Adjustable Handle
- 【Powerful and Durable】: Reinforced Nylon Bracket ensures high strength, good ablation resistance and good dimension stability. Durable all aluminum head increase the service life of the motor.
- 【Ergonomic extendable handle】: 8 Speeds and 6-inch Telescoping adjustable Handle (5-sp forward & 3-sp reverse) puts total control at your fingertips for a smooth and easily controlled ride.
- 【28-inch Fiberglass Composite Shaft】: High tensile strength and corrosion resistance adjustable shaft allows for proper depth placement in all water conditions. 28” shaft is more suitable for sitting.
- 【10-Point LED Battery indicator】: Battery indicator protects the batteries, and it is convenient to observe how much electricity is left.(battery not included)
- 【Stainless steel Hardware】: Saltwater compatible hardware make the motor can run perfectly in saltwater or freshwater.
Additional Info :
4. Newport Vessels L-Series 62lb Thrust Transom Mounted Saltwater Electric Trolling Motor w/ LED Battery Indicator (40″ Shaft)
- EFFICIENT POWER: 62lb Thrust – this 12v electric trolling motor provides excellent power and efficiency for any boater. The high quality build allows the motor to run all day long without overheating, or making noise to spook fish.
- FEATURES: This motor features a 40 inch shaft, a 10 LED battery meter, a 6 inch telescoping tiller handle, and 3 blade propeller. The mount angle, height, and direction can all be adjusted and locked into place when needed.
- SPEED: Motor has 8 speeds, 5 forward & 3 reverse and is designed for trolling, so top speed of motor is about 4.25mph, speed depends on your boat shape, weight, water, wind, & other factors. 3 Blade Propeller has great low end torque to get boat moving.
- BATTERY: 62lb motor requires one (1) 12V Lead-Acid Deep Cycle or Lithium Deep Cycle battery (battery not included), 50ah recommended. Motor includes 60amp circuit breaker recommended at all times to protect from battery voltage surges. Max Amp Draw: 58A
- QUALITY & WARRANTY: All Newport motors are made w/ high quality stainless steel, magnesium, & zinc hardware to withstand freshwater and saltwater environments. We back every product we make with industry leading customer service and a 2 year warranty.
Additional Info :
5. Newport Vessels X-Series 55lb Thrust Transom Mounted Saltwater Electric Trolling Motor w/LED Battery Indicator (36″ Shaft)
- EFFICIENT POWER: 55lb Thrust – this 12v electric trolling motor provides excellent power and efficiency for any boater. High quality components allow the motor to run all day long without overheating, or making noise to spook fish.
- FEATURES: This motor features a 36 inch fiberglass shaft, a 10 LED battery meter, a 6 inch telescoping tiller handle, 30 degree adjustable head, and 3 blade propeller. The tiller angle, as well as mount, height, angle, and direction can all be adjusted and locked into place when needed.
- SPEED: This motor has 8 speeds, 5 forward and 3 reverse. The motor is designed for trolling, so the top speed of this motor is about 4mph, but depends on your boat shape, weight, water, wind, and other factors. Our 3 Blade Propeller gives the motor great low end torque to get the boat moving.
- BATTERY: The 55lb X Series motor requires one (1) 12V Lead-Acid Deep Cycle or Lithium Deep Cycle battery (battery not included), 50ah recommended. The motor also includes a 50amp circuit breaker which is recommended at all times to protect from battery voltage surges. Max Amp Draw: 52A
- USA SERVICE: Newport Vessels is based in California with a full in-house customer service team (M-F 9am-5pm PST). BUY IN CONFIDENCE
- QUALITY & RELIABILITY: All Newport motors are made to high quality stainless steel, magnesium, and zinc hardware to withstand fresh water and salt water environments. We stand behind every product we make with industry leading customer service and a 2 year warranty.
Additional Info :
6. Watersnake T18 ASP – 18 Pound Thrust 12v Electric Saltwater Trolling Motor with Kayak Bracket
- PORTABLE – Watersnake Saltwater Electric Outboard Motor is the ultimate in lightweight portability, weighing only 4.85lbs (2.2kg). Watersnake’s simple design keeps the weight down while delivering quality and performance.
- COMPATIBLE – It is the ideal trolling motor to use on kayaks, canoes, small dinghies, and inflatable boats. Please note: Battery not included.
- DESIGN – 24” shaft, adjustable mount fitting that makes for easy attachment, and anti-impact clip system. This easy to steer motor uses a hand tiller with an extendable handle, high and low speed control, forward and reverse switch and two blade weedless propeller design.
- STYLE – Electric motor with 18lbs thrust, Kayak Bracket Mount included.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Necessity is the mother of invention. Created by anglers to be used by anglers. If you’re not satisfied with your Watersnake Electric Motor, contact your distributor to be taken care of.
Additional Info :
7. PEXMOR 86LBS Thrust 24V Saltwater Transom Mounted Electric Trolling Motor w/LED Battery Indicator 8 Variable Speed for Inflatable Boats, Jon Boat, Pontoon Fishing Boat (36″ Shaft)
- 【VARIABLE HANDLE】- Comes with 6″ telescoping adjustable handle. You can use it as long or as short as you want. Also,comfortable handle, 5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds is for you to take a smooth and easily control.86lb motor requires 24v battery to operate.
- 【LED BATTERY INDICATOR】- 1-10 LED light indicator let you keep track of the battery’s capacity. The red and green lights will give you a big hint. 1-3 red lights indicate low power to remind you of the left capacity of battery. (Battery not included)
- 【ADJUSTABLE DEPTH AND ANGLE】- Adjusting the shaft angle by press the button can adapt to different sailing conditions according to your surfing demands. Also, you can also adjust the depth of the machine in the water at will with a knob.
- 【UNIQUE DESIGN】- PEXMOR Electric Trolling Motor is equiped with three bladed propeller, which can enhance motivation and effiency. Three sharp blades make it easy to get rid of seaweed. In addition, we have an additional two and three bladed propeller in the 36/45 and 55/86 thrusters respectively.
- 【100% GUARANTEE】- PEXMOR always provides excellent pre-sales and after-sales customer services. If for any reasons you’re not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us to exchange or refund. Don’t wait any longer and enjoy it right now!
8. AQUOS Haswing White 12V 55LBS 54inch Bow Mount Trolling Motor with Remote Control, Quick Release Bracket for Inflatable Boat Kayak Bass Boat Aluminum Boat Fishing Freshwater and Saltwater Use
- AQUOS Haswing Cayman B (NOT GPS) 12V 55LBS 54inch Bow Mount Trolling Motor is designed and engineered to run quieter than ever before. With variable speed will let you dial in your desired speed and provide more precise, smoother adjustments plus improved control. Moreover the variable speed is the lower power consumption of the motor, it can increase battery life quite a bit at any speed. Also the trolling motor suitable for boats weighing up to 2750LBS, Max boat length (suggestion) 18ft.
- The remote control fits into the palm of your hand easily or can be attached around your neck with a lanyard. Conveniently control the motor on the boat or shore-side with the farthest 164 ft distance, meanwhile the remote can be recharged with a USB cable on power bank when necessary. Quick release bracket can help you to install/remove the motor easily. There need at least a 13.7 x 8 inch flat surface to install the trolling motor.
- Cruise control (NOT SPOT LOCK) keeps your boat at the desired speed by using remote control to press on the speed up or down button then you can focus on fishing all the way, but you might have to manually correct the direction from time to time due to wind or current, meanwhile you can adjust the speed when you need. And if you turn the motor 180 degrees of rotation and it will push the boat in reverse direction.
- AQUOS Haswing Cayman 55LBS 54inch shaft bow mount trolling motor can be set up both in fresh water and salt water, it is designed to have excellent corrosion resistance, using a sacrificial anode that protects important metal components. The 54-inch Aluminum Alloy Shaft (available 44.3 inch) makes it easy for different types boat, meantime please hold on the motor shaft before adjust motor depth to avoid slide.
- Comfortable to carry the motor with the ergonomic lifting handle, makes you take the motor off the car or boat effortless in every using time. And the stow and deploy pedal can be depressed with a single hand or foot and makes transitioning between in the water and on the boat quickly, so you can save more strength to reel in the big ones. The easy-to-use depth collar lets you change depths quickly, simply, securely. When you find depth, locks in tight to keep your motor right where you want it.
Additional Info :
9. Minn Kota 1363559 Riptide PowerDrive Saltwater Electric-Steer Bow-Mount Trolling Motor with Digital Maximizer & Copilot, 55 lbs Thrust, 54″ Shaft
- 54″ Shaft, 12v, 55 lbs Thrust
- CoPilot: The original wireless remote gives you push-button command of speed and steering of your trolling motor
- Advanced Corrosion Protection: Riptide motor lower unit housings are grit-blasted, then coated in aluminum to prevent oxidization and rust. Then, a final layer of powder coat paint provides the ultimate protection
- Digital Maximizer: Provides up to 5 times longer run time on a single battery charge. These variable speed trolling motors let you dial in your exact speed, and they deliver only as much power as you need, helping to conserve your battery for a full day of fishing
- Weedless Wedge 2 Prop: With swept-back flared blades to power through anything without battery-draining chopping and hacking, the Weedless Wedge 2 is one of the most trusted props in fishing
Additional Info :
10. U-BCOO 8 Speed Saltwater Transom Mounted Electric Trolling Motor Fishing Boat Outboard Motor Kayak (L-12V-46lbs)
- 28.5 inch composite glass fiber high strength shaft, high strength nylon bracket
- 46lb thrust Saltwater Transom Mounted
- 8 speeds (5 forward & 3 reverse) – DC 12V
- Stainless steel hardware for saltwater use
- Durable die-cast aluminum head / 5-inch telescopic handle
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Select outboard motor for saltwater
How much should you expect to spend on a product like this? Is it a one-off cost, or is there some kind of recurring element?
When it comes to outboard motor for saltwater, a great value can come in many different forms. It could be a lower price, impeccable construction, and design, or higher durability. We’ll cover all of these different factors below, where we’re sharing our top picks for the best outboard motor for saltwater for the money. We’ll go over everything consumers should know to get a great value out of their outboard motor for saltwater!
The phrase “people get what they pay for” is especially true when it comes to outboard motor for saltwater. The range in durability from person to person can be pretty substantial depending on the materials used in the construction. If someone saves $100 on a outboard motor for saltwater, but it wears out in 1 month, are they really getting a good value?
Compare that to a outboard motor for saltwater that costs $50 more but wears out after 1 or 2 years. Most people would argue that the second option is the better deal over the long term. Before purchasing, you should consider how long you want to have the outboard motor for saltwater and then read reviews to make sure you know how long you can expect it to last.
Consider Where You Purchase
A vast majority of people now buy their outboard motor for saltwater online rather than going to a brick-and-mortar physical location. That’s largely because online shopping offers greater convenience, and many brick-and-mortar stores can be confusing when it comes to their models, pricing, and types.
While people can’t try out an online outboard motor for saltwater the way they can in a store, brands often come with generous trials. These allow people to try out the outboard motor for saltwater for a while and return it if they’re unhappy.
In addition, many online outboard motor for saltwater are more affordable than their in-store counterparts, because they have less overhead and have cut out the middlemen to pass savings directly to the consumer. If you purchase online, make sure to check to see if they will have to pay extra for shipping or not. A lot of the new companies offer free shipping, but not all.
Types of outboard motor for saltwater
Before even thinking about all the different outboard motor for saltwater available, You should choose the product types that will be ideal for your task.
Choosing a product based on a design that people will love can be tough. Just because you might like the look and style of it, doesn’t mean it’s the best. Below are some steps you can follow that I’ve used in the past when making decisions on which product designs to choose. Today, a lot of e-commerce sites have the same products. Naturally, it means people use product photos and videos to find the best item. Some of the tips in this article will help you choose or design a successful product.
- Dimensions. How big are these products?
- Materials. What are they made from? Is there an advantage to choosing one material over another?
- Generic characteristics. What sort of features do products in this category include?
- Product-specific functionality. Do certain products have key characteristics that others don’t?
- “Vs.” comparisons. Wireless or wired? Portable or desktop? Metal or wood? These are the key A/B-style decisions typically made early in the buying process.
Finally, we hope that our reviews about these outboard motor for saltwaters will help you to choose your ideal product available on the maker. The question remains, how many of these outboard motor for saltwater will you use and how often? Some manufacturers come out with newer outboard motor for saltwater every few months. This is because they know that people want the better outboard motor for saltwater. It’s all a matter of choice and your budget. The good news is that the features of good outboard motor for saltwater tend to trickle down in price. If you start off with a cheaper version, chances are you can afford the more advanced versions of it a few months later.