Keep reading to learn more…
Top 10 tumbler compost bins : Editor’s Pick
10 Best tumbler compost bins Reviews:
1. MaxWorks 80699 Compost Bin Tumbler for Garden and Outdoor, 42 Gallon Capacity with 2 Chambers Dual Rotating Composting Tumbler , Black
- Constructed from rugged and durable polypropylene Bin with powder coated Steel frame to provide years of service while maximizing capacity to decompose
- Features air vents or aeration holes with two sliding doors allow user to provide the desirable amount of oxygen going inside the compost for better and quick results
- Designed with dual chambers to make the composting process simple and more effective while providing best quality results. It treats soil waste to decompose in an ENVIRONMENTAL way. Compost waste in just a couple of weeks with proper maintenance by turning 5-6 times every couple of days and get results in 2-4 weeks.
- First panel for preserving mature compost while the 2nd chamber for new waste and scraps. Two separate panels will allow proper rotation of composting process to produce enriched compost.
- Its space-saving and space-efficient design makes it a perfect compost/tumbler in any given space. Maximum capacity of 42 gallons and assembled size of 28. 50″ X 26″ X 36. 80″
Additional Info :
2. Dual Chamber Compost Tumbler – Easy-Turn, Fast-Working System – All-Season, Heavy-Duty, High Volume Composter with 2 Sliding Doors – (2 – 18.5gallon /70 Liter)
- GROW A HAPPIER GARDEN – Do you look at other’s gardens with envy? Give your plants the nutrient-dense fertilizer they crave, and watch your garden bloom like never before! With Miracle-Gro’s dual chamber, heavy-duty tumbling composter you get 2 compartments for faster and more efficient composting all year round.
- KEEP THE NUTRIENTS COMING – Achieve your gardening goals with a steady supply of ready-to-use compost! This 2-chamber compost tumbler allows you to add compost ingredients to 1 side, while waiting for the other side to cure. And with internal mixing bars that speed up the decomposition process, you can expect rich, fertile compost in just 4-6 weeks!
- NO MORE HEAVY LIFTING – Miracle-Gro is here to make composting easy for beginners and seasoned green thumbs alike! Our efficient tumbler system is the simple way to get perfectly cooked compost without having to dig, turn, and mix by hand. All you have to do is open the easy-sliding door, add your scraps, and turn the handle 5-6 times every few days.
- A BRAND YOU TRUST – With the help of Miracle-Gro, both you and your garden will thrive. As America’s most trusted garden supply brand, we guarantee you’ll be satisfied with our products. Once you start using the compost generated by your new dual-chamber tumbling composter, you’ll enjoy bigger harvests, healthier plants, and your most beautiful gardens yet!
- Achieve your garden goals with a pair of Scotts multi-purpose gardening gloves! Each pair is latex-free, water-resistant, and features a no-slip grip, perfect for both indoor and outdoor projects. Grow your green thumb with Scotts and Miracle-Gro!
Additional Info :
3. VIVOSUN Outdoor Tumbling Composter Dual Rotating Batch Compost Bin, 43 Gallon Black Door
- Twin Chambers: Designed with 2 chambers, the tumbling composter allows you to compost in batches; One side “cooks” while you add fresh organic material to the other, allowing for an efficient, uninterrupted flow of rich, nutritious compost
- Creative Tumbling Design: The rotating design lets you turn your compost without any hassle; No digging or mixing your pile by hand; Just fill it up with garden clippings and kitchen scraps, slide the door closed and give it a spin every few days
- Outstanding Aeration: Adjustable air vents and deep fins provide excellent air circulation, help break up and decompose clumps in the chamber, and plow lots of oxygen into the compost to produce nutritious, finished compost in just weeks
- Sturdy, Durable Construction: Made of galvanized steel and high-quality PP plastic, this VIVOSUN Tumbling Composter is corrosion-resistant, weather-resistant, sturdy, and durable for long-lasting service life
- Garden Gloves Included: These gloves come with 4 durable ABS plastic claws so no other tools are required; Convenient for digging, planting, and other gardening work, these gloves’ latex rubber construction not only protect your hands from cuts and broken nails but are also waterproof so they are easy to clean
Additional Info :
4. Miracle-Gro Small Composter – Compact Single Chamber Outdoor Garden Compost Bin (18.5 Gallon)
- NO SPACE? NO PROBLEM! – Don’t let tight spaces keep you from composting! Miracle-Gro’s outdoor compost bin tumbler is small enough for even the tiniest spaces! The 18.5gal (70L) volume perfectly fits your balcony, porch, patio, or rooftop garden. Finally you can compost from anywhere!
- TURN YOUR FOOD WASTE INTO GARDEN GOLD – Transform kitchen and garden waste into rich, fertile compost – the gardener’s treasured “black gold!” Ready-to-use compost will be yours in just 4-6 weeks, thanks to Miracle-Gro’s unique aeration system. Internal mixing bars speed up decomposition to make growing a happy garden easier than ever!
- REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT – Studies show that approximately one third of the world’s food supply goes to waste. But with Miracle-Gro’s rolling compost box you can do your part to change that. Save your compostable food scraps, help the environment, and cook up some compost that your plants will love
- YEAR-ROUND, HASSLE-FREE – Why should composting be a seasonal activity? Miracle-Gro’s heavy-duty design lets you keep your compost going all year round! The sturdy side-locking mechanism ensures easy loading and unloading, while the durable construction maintains a tight seal. And BPA-free, food grade, UV-protected plastic, means you won’t need to worry about harmful toxins.
- Achieve your garden goals with a pair of multi-purpose gardening gloves! Each pair is latex-free, water-resistant, and features a no-slip grip, perfect for both indoor and outdoor projects. Grow your green thumb with Scotts and Miracle-Gro!
Additional Info :
5. Compost Tumbler Bin Composter Dual Chamber 43 Gallon Variation (Black)
- ✅Speed Up Composing Process: More advanced models use rotating to bring oxygen to the center of the bin and paddles inside the chamber to help mix and aerate the composting materials when turned. These improvements or modifications are designed for one reason: to speed the composting process.
- ✅How do Compost Tumblers work? Simple. You load them with green and brown waste from your yard and kitchen. When full, you give them time to work, in other words, heat up. Turning a compost pile mixing the organic materials and the organisms it contains with heat-producing oxygen is the traditional method of keeping the process going full steam. By turning the tumbler, the organic materials are mixed and infused with fresh oxygen.
- ✅Easy to Access Finished Compost: Just Slide the door open and take the organic fertilizer out when the compost is ready. When a check reveals the compost is complete —and this can happen in a matter of weeks —the same access that allowed you to fill the tumbler lets you empty it. Now is the time to spread the results.
- ✅Dual-Bin Design: The dual bin design takes a different approach to the continuous-use composted concept, Two bins are set side-by-side into a single rotating chamber. Thickly insulated compartments conserve the heat generating by the decaying matter, and this greatly speeds the process. This design also allows you to add food waste to one chamber while the other is composting.
- ✅Totally Organic and Money-Saving: If you’re looking for a fast, convenient way to compost your kitchen throw-outs, grass clippings, and organic yard waste, our outdoor kitchen compost bin is just right for you! The Compact Compost Tumbler quickly recycles it into nutrient-rich compost.
- ✅Bundled with Garden Gloves: Convenient for digging, planting, and other gardening work, latex rubber construction not only protect your palms and nails from cuts and scratches.
Additional Info :
6. F2C Compost Bin Outdoor Dual Chamber Tumbling Composter 43 Gallon BPA Free Large Tumbler Composters Tumbling or Rotating w/ Sliding Doors & Solid Steel Frame Garden Yard Black
- 【Sturdy Construction】–This large tumbling composter makes recycling kitchen scraps a breeze. This premium BPA free organic compost bin is made from PP material and powder-coated steel construction, interlocking panels add sturdiness, sturdy enough to hold the device which does not rock or attempt to turn over even when spinning, stable enough not to fall over in even 40 mph winds as long as there is compost in it
- 【Practical Dual Chamber】–The black outdoor compost tumbler bin has 2 separate chambers that allow you can use the compost more frequently and efficiently while a single barrel composter, you have to wait to add new materials until the original materials have properly decomposed. Also you can combine it with a dry source to avoid getting mushy compost
- 【Convenience Aeration System】–The strong compost barrel features aeration holes as well as deep fins to break up clumps inside the chamber and mix lots of oxygen into the compost, please make sure that you have all the tabs in the holes as well or the panel won’t make a flat seam. Easy to use as the openings are divided, just slide the door open to add the compost material and slide shut
- 【Rotatable & Easy to Assemble】–This rotating waste bin is relatively easy to put together – half and hour or less, manual with installation steps in every package, a pair of gloves and screwdriver included. Center divider is made with angled edges with offsets, please make sure the edge fits into the slots of the panels when assembling. Tip: take advantage of the self locking nuts and thread the nuts on until they touch the plastic, then you can turn the screws without having to hold the nut
- 【Speedy Process & Space-saving】–Black color compost container can help absorb sunlight, allow for warm temperatures and faster composting. Compact enough for the outdoor space, looks nice in the yard and doesn’t stink as long as you keep the green/brown ratio correct. Makes composting in urban areas super easy! Maximum capacity of 43 gallon and assembled size of 28. 5″ X 25″ X 37″
Additional Info :
7. Barton Tumbler Composter Composting Bins Garden Easy Turn System Rotating Barrel Dual Door, 43 Gallon
- Twin Chambers Design – Designed with Dual chambers, the tumbling composter allows you to compost in batches. One side “cooks” while you add fresh organic material to the other, allowing for an efficient, uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost
- Sturdy, Durable Construction – Made of galvanized steel and high-quality PP plastic, Our Tumbling Composter is corrosion-resistant, weather-resistant, sturdy, and durable for long-lasting service life
- Huge Capacity Design – Large 43 gallon capacity, you can put in; eggshells, coffee grinds, banana peels, palm fronds, leaves or others
- Outstanding Aeration Function – Adjustable air vents & deep fins provide excellent air circulation, help break up and decompose clumps in the chamber, and plow lots of oxygen into the compost to produce healthy, finished compost in just weeks
- Composter body is constructed from BPA free, UV inhibited recycled polypropylene. It is contact safe and will not degrade under direct sunlight
Additional Info :
8. VIVOSUN Compost Bin 80Gallon (300L), Outdoor Composter W/ Large Capacity & Easy Assembling, Compost Barrel for Fast Creation of Fertile Soil
- 80 Gallon Capacity: Unfolded Size: 60.7 x 60.5 x 82.5 cm / 23.89 x 23.81 x 32.48 in; Capacity: 300L/80 gal., which is big enough to store and ferment daily food waste; Compared to smaller compost bins, it can reduce the frequency and improve the efficiency of fermentation
- Great Circulation System: Designed with four vents on each side to allow for air circulation; Made to enhance the contact area with oxygen for high fermentation efficiency
- 6-8 Week Processing Time: The compost bin has a short processing time—in general, it only takes about 6-8 weeks in warm temperatures to produce fertilizer; The fertilizer can be used directly in the garden to enrich the soil; It reduces waste and works efficiently
- Easy to Assemble: The assembly process is very easy; There are only six parts—effortlessly install them under the guidance of a manual; Follow the simple steps to use the tumbler composter to your heart’s content
- A Win-Win Method: Reuse your daily food waste to achieve a win-win situation for you and the environment; Join us in composting outdoors and creating nutrient-rich soil for our vegetable and flower gardens
Additional Info :
9. Large Dual Chamber Compost Tumbler – Easy-Turn, Fast-Working System – All-Season, Heavy-Duty, High Volume Composter with 2 Sliding Doors – (2 – 27.7gallon /105 Liter)
- YOUR RECIPE FOR PLENTIFUL PLANTS – Do you dream of a huge harvest or a front yard full of vibrant flowers? Achieve all of your garden goals with Miracle-Gro’s large 2x – 27.7gal (105L) dual chamber rolling compost tumbler! It’ll help you produce a constant and abundant flow of the coveted “black gold.” Give your plants the nutrient-dense fertilizer they crave, and watch your garden bloom like never before!
- DOUBLE-DUTY, CONSTANT COMPOST – Serious gardeners need an endless supply of compost to keep their gardens looking and producing their best. Miracle-Gro’s turning garden composter does just that with its dual chamber design and high volume capacity. Add compost ingredients to 1 side, while letting the other side cure, and you’ll never get caught without compost again!
- FAST AND EASY – Stop struggling with that clunky, cumbersome, difficult to use outdoor compost bin! Miracle-Gro’s rotating compost bin is easy to use for everyone. Our efficient tumbler system is simple to load and unload, while creating perfectly cooked compost without having to dig, turn, or mix by hand. It’s also designed to speed up decomposition, yielding rich, fertile compost in just 4-6 weeks!
- LONG LASTING DEPENDABILITY – With a name like Miracle-Gro, you know you’re getting nothing but the best quality. This all seasons compost bin tumbler is crafted with sturdy side-locking mechanisms, a strong galvanized steel base, and tight seals to keep out unwanted pests. Plus, the BPA-free, food grade, UV-protected plastic ensures faster and more efficient composting all year round, while never leaching harmful toxins.
- FREE BONUS GIFT – Achieve your garden goals with a FREE pair of Scotts multi-purpose gardening gloves! Each pair is latex-free, water-resistant, and features a no-slip grip, perfect for both indoor and outdoor projects. Grow your green thumb with Scotts and Miracle-Gro!
Additional Info :
10. Garden Compost Bin from BPA Free Material, Dual Rotating Outdoor Composting Tumblers (43 Gallon,Green)
- DUAL CHAMBER COMPOST BIN – Dual chamber composter allow for continuous composting. Fill up one while the other nears the end of the compost process, the rich black stuff ready to use. Once empty, that becomes the one to fill up while the other completes the cycle.
- AERATION SYSTEM- Aerated internal bar mixes compost & allows needed airflow.Black, double-wall panels absorb and retain heat.Perfectly suited for your garden and for people not wanting to mix the organic waste in their traditional compost bin.
- INGENIOUS TUMBLER DESIGN – Turns on axis for easy and balanced rotation.Easy slide doors will help keep track of each batch,the length of 1 door is 10.23” and the width is 6.1
- CONVENIENT LOADING HEIGHT – Enough height to put a cart under this compost tumbler.Easy to turn barrel, waste mixed easily, fast batch composting.
- STURDY POWDER-COATED STEEL FRAME – Powder-coated steel frame provides a sturdy base for the large compost bin.Galvanized steel feet prevent rusting and deterioration.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Select tumbler compost bins
When it comes to tumbler compost bins, a great value can come in many different forms. It could be a lower price, impeccable construction, and design, or higher durability. We’ll cover all of these different factors below, where we’re sharing our top picks for the best tumbler compost bins for the money. We’ll go over everything consumers should know to get a great value out of their tumbler compost bins!
The phrase “people get what they pay for” is especially true when it comes to tumbler compost bins. The range in durability from person to person can be pretty substantial depending on the materials used in the construction. If someone saves $100 on a tumbler compost bins, but it wears out in 1 month, are they really getting a good value?
Compare that to a tumbler compost bins that costs $50 more but wears out after 1 or 2 years. Most people would argue that the second option is the better deal over the long term. Before purchasing, you should consider how long you want to have the tumbler compost bins and then read reviews to make sure you know how long you can expect it to last.
Consider Where You Purchase
A vast majority of people now buy their tumbler compost bins online rather than going to a brick-and-mortar physical location. That’s largely because online shopping offers greater convenience, and many brick-and-mortar stores can be confusing when it comes to their models, pricing, and types.
While people can’t try out an online tumbler compost bins the way they can in a store, brands often come with generous trials. These allow people to try out the tumbler compost bins for a while and return it if they’re unhappy.
In addition, many online tumbler compost bins are more affordable than their in-store counterparts, because they have less overhead and have cut out the middlemen to pass savings directly to the consumer. If you purchase online, make sure to check to see if they will have to pay extra for shipping or not. A lot of the new companies offer free shipping, but not all.
Types of tumbler compost bins
Before even thinking about all the different tumbler compost bins available, You should choose the product types that will be ideal for your task.
- Dimensions. How big are these products?
- Materials. What are they made from? Is there an advantage to choosing one material over another?
- Generic characteristics. What sort of features do products in this category include?
- Product-specific functionality. Do certain products have key characteristics that others don’t?
Finally, we hope that our reviews about these tumbler compost binss will help you to choose your ideal product available on the maker. The question remains, how many of these tumbler compost bins will you use and how often? Some manufacturers come out with newer tumbler compost bins every few months. This is because they know that people want the better tumbler compost bins. It’s all a matter of choice and your budget. The good news is that the features of good tumbler compost bins tend to trickle down in price. If you start off with a cheaper version, chances are you can afford the more advanced versions of it a few months later.